Families who participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program are required to comply with certain "Family Obligations." These Family Obligations are required by HUD regulations and are listed on your Voucher. By signing your Voucher, you acknowledge your responsibility and obligations for participating in the program. The list of Family Obligations is as follows:
A. The family must:
- Supply any information that the PHA or HUD determines to be necessary including evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status, and information for use in a regularly scheduled reexamination or interim reexamination of family income and composition.
- Disclose and verify social security numbers and sign and submit consent forms for obtaining information.
- Supply any information requested by the PHA to verify that the family is living in the unit or information related to family absence from the unit.
- Promptly notify the PHA in writing when the family is away from the unit for an extended period of time in accordance with PHA policies.
- Allow the PHA to inspect the unit at reasonable times and after reasonable notice.
- Notify the PHA and the owner in writing before moving out of the unit or terminating the lease.
- Use the assisted unit for residence by the family. The unit must be family's only residents.
- Promptly notify the PHA in writing of the birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody of a child.
- Request a PHA written approval to add any other family member as an occupant of the unit.
- Promptly notify the PHA in writing if any family member no longer lives in the unit.
- Give the PHA a copy of any owner eviction notice.
- Pay utility bills and provide and maintain any appliances that the owner is not required to provide under the lease.
B. Any information the family supplies must be true and complete.
C. The family (including each family member) must not
- Own or have any interest in the unit (other than in a cooperative, or the owner of a manufactured home leasing a manufactured home space).
- Commit any serious or repeated violation of the lease.
- Commit fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the program.
- Engage in drug-related criminal activity or violent criminal activity or other criminal activity that threatens the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of other residents and persons residing in the immediate vicinity of the premises.
- Sublease or let the unit or assign the lease or transfer the unit.
- Receive housing choice voucher program housing assistance while receiving another housing subsidy for the same unit or a different unit under any other Federal, State or local housing assistance program.
- Damage the unit or premises (other than damage from ordinary wear and tear) or permit any guest to damage the unit or premises.
- Receive housing choice voucher program housing assistance while residing in a unit owned by a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister or brother of any member of the family, unless the PHA has determined (and has notified the owner and the family of such determination) that approving rental of the unit, notwithstanding such relationship, would provide reasonable accommodation for a family member who is a person with disabilities.
- Engage in abuse of alcohol in a way that threatens the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the other residents and persons residing in the immediate vicinity of the premises.