Initial/Final Eligibility Requirements
To be determined “initially eligible” for placement on the HCV Waiting List, you must meet the following:
- Meet the below HUD-published gross income limits for your family size.
If the PHA determines that your family is “initially eligible” based on the income information that you have provided on your “preliminary” application, your name will be placed on the HCV waiting list.
Once your name is reached on the waiting list, the PHA will contact you to attend a final eligibility appointment. At this time, the PHA will have you complete a full application and all final eligibility requirements will be verified by the PHA. Final eligibility requirements include the above income limit requirement as well as the following:
- An applicant must furnish a declaration of Citizenship or Eligible Immigrant Status with verification for all household members.
- An applicant must provide all social security cards and birth certificates for all household members.
- An applicant must sign and submit consent forms for obtaining income information required by the PHA including but not limited to Form HUD-9886.
- An applicant family must not have been evicted from federally assisted housing for serious violation(s) of the lease.
- All applicant family members must not have committed any drug or violent criminal activity in the past three years.
The PHA will apply the following criteria in addition to the HUD eligibility criteria:
- The family must pay any outstanding debt owed to the PHA or to any other Public Housing Authority as a result of prior participation in any Federal housing program.