As a public service agency, the Housing Authority’s goal is to provide excellent service to the families and owners participating in the HCV Program. The PHA will make every effort to inform you of the program rules and regulations, and to advise you of how these rules affect you. Since federal regulations are not always easy to understand, it is very important to ask questions if you are not sure of something.
In order for the program to work, the PHA must do the following:
- Review all applications to determine whether an applicant is eligible for the program.
- Explain all the rules of the program to all of the families who qualify.
- Issue a Voucher and, if necessary, assist the family in finding a place to live.
- Approve the unit that is to be rented by the family.
- Make housing assistance payments to the owner in a timely manner.
- Ensure that both the family and the unit continue to qualify under the program.
- Ensure that owners and families comply with the program rules.
- Provide families and owners with prompt, professional service.
- Do not hesitate to contact a PHA Section 8 representative if you have a questions about the program.